Sunday, January 7, 2018

Mr Pink Just Won't Quit

Alright well. I'm done with my vacationing. I'm back in Nashville. Work work work until the Playthrough Gaming Convention on Feb 18-19.

I got a bit done in California. I got the torches working (see blog post below) and now players can quit the game (see gif below).


Wasn't too tricky and you can immediately rejoin. I don't allow players holding items or players encased in a crysal to quit, but you can be on dogback and quit. And it saves your dog (instantly docks the dog on the whale). So that's pretty gameable. Anyway.

Thinking more about how I want to do the overworld map. I lean towards an inverted ski trail map, also similar to like Star Fox 64. Green, blue, blacks, double blacks, some secret paths, some mid-mountain 'lifts', and some mid-mountain resting places. Maybe a ski patrol. Maybe a trick park. Maybe some out of bounds areas. Maybe some helicopter access only areas. Maybe some hike ups. Maybe some cross country routes. Maybe maybe maybe. So many ideas. Such self doubt.

Especially unsure about the ending of the map. Do the route options keep diverging, like a river delta?  So many possible exits or finishes, instead of one final position...seems unwieldy to me. So Star Fox 64 blooms out and then contracts back in, so you always end up at the same final destination. A real river that ends in a delta still typically all ends in the same body of water, but it's not like it's all at the same 'enemy base' or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment