Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Torches

Happy New Year.

Visual Studio wasn't providing autocomplete and red underlining for one my files, which is weird. Normally, it happens such that autocomplte and red underlining stops working for all of my files, and I just restart Visual Studio. But restarting didn't fix it for my Trader.cs file, so I'm updating Visual Studio. Restarting laptop might have also worked. Who even knows. I didn't see a quick answer to my specific issue when googling. But anyway. This gives me time to blog!

Here's some gifs I made a few days ago:





Torches! This is excitng, because I've wanted dynamic lighting for like forever as an environmental interaction. This is difficult to do, because if you're going to have multiple lighting sources that aren't static, I couldn't see how you'd do that with simple sprite overlays. I didn't want to use shaders. But then Unity came out with a sprite mask component!!!!! Yaya.

You know, I wonder if I could write a good blog about how I did this and get it onto gamasutra.com...you know, have the millions of gamasutra readers notice my game! Oh and help people. I'm going to try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment